Using this website
This website is managed by Shared Services Connected Ltd (SSCL)on behalf of Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS).
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
About the accessibility of this website
We have completed a basic accessibility audit for this website.
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- assistive technology will have significant issues trying to access website content because of the way content is being added to the page
- missing page title
- missing document language
- images are missing appropriate alt text
- heading structure isn’t hierarchical
- the focus state isn’t clearly visible when tabbing through the site
- the link text on the ‘Apply’ button doesn’t make sense out of context
- the colour contrast of the options in the settings menu in the video player is insufficient
- the colour contrast of the page title on the image background is insufficient
What to do if you can’t access part of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format, you can contact us: HRonefirstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting accessibility problems
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact email@example.com giving details of the issue and any assistive technology you are using.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Shared Services Connected Ltd (SSCL) and Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) are committed to making this website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliance issues listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Assistive technology will have significant issues trying to access any content on the site because of the way content is being added to the page
- Missing page title
- Missing document language
- In general images are missing appropriate alt text (Pay and benefits information is in an image with inappropriate alt text)
- The heading structure isn’t hierarchical
- Focus state isn’t clearly visible when tabbing through the site
- The link text on the ‘Apply’ button doesn’t make sense out of context
- The colour contrast of the options in the settings menu in the video player is insufficient
- The colour contrast of the page title on the image background is insufficient
How we tested this website
The tests on the website http://prisoninstructors-horticulture.co.uk/ were carried out by SSCL.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will monitor the accessibility of this website on an on-going basis and fix any accessibility issues
reported to us.
This statement was prepared on 02 December 2019.
HM Prison & Probation Service
Her Majesty's Prison & Probation Service (HMPPS), created in April 2017, oversees 121 prisons and employs over 42,000 staff across England and Wales. You will be working for an organisation that rewards performance, invests in your career development and cares about your well being both inside and outside of work.
Visit us on Facebook to find out more about working in the prison and keep in touch after you apply.
© 2019 HM Prison & Probation Service